My position on toys is...
WHEN A TOY DOES LESS, A CHILD CAN DO MORE
If you are interested in having me review your product on my blog please email me at thetoysnob(at)gmail(dot)com!

Saturday, November 24, 2007

Nativity Sets

Nativity sets are a classic Christmas decoration. These sets are built for children and will keep them away from your more valuable one. Plus, they'll love having their own decoration to arrange and re-arrange by themselves. They could even use it to decorate their room, on top of their dresser or bedside table.
I bought this Wooden Nativity from Haba on clearance last year. I set it up last night and it is so bright, colorful and inviting. The figures are pieced together, not one solid piece, I already had to glue a piece back on. But, overall this is a beautiful set. I found it this year at Blueberry Forest Toys.
Playmobil is a well known brand of high quality plastic play sets. Their Nativity Set is on the same scale as their other figures and offers all the same features. My aunt still displays the set my cousins played with growing up. Playmobil is very durable and built to last. Get the nativity and other sets at Kid Surplus.From Learning Journey, this wooden Nativity Set is available from Amazon. Learning Journey makes educational and learning toys distributed by school suppliers so their toys are sure to hold up to lots of play!Also available through Amazon, this Nativity is from Toy Workshop. This set is also made from wood.

Target.com also carries three of these nativities from Playmobil, Learning Journey, and Toy Workshop.

2 comments:

Christine said...

Very cute, but I think my favorite is the Kathe Kruse 11-Doll set on blueberryforest.com. One of these days I'll have to get a set for my kids. I love toys that do double duty and work as home decor. Hurray for aesthetically pleasing toys!

Anonymous said...

I wish I would have seen this post in november when I was looking for a nativity set from my 2 year old son and I couldn't find anything I liked. I absolutely love the Haba nativity set and I will definitively get one for next christmas! Thanks for all your great suggestions and posts!